Tuesday, April 5, 2011

French Braid

I am a French braider of ideas. I pull an idea in from the side, from a song, blog post, or book. I bring in a thought from the other side, a conversation, something I saw. And I tease out something coming like a hair from my own head.


This morning I woke up braiding things together with a blog post I read yesterday about how to live faithfully while you wait on God. It is a very good post, by which I basically mean I would have been glad to write it and was glad to read it. In any case, my first-thing-in-the-morning brain started thinking that really, what the author called waiting on God, wasn't so different from what most people call dealing with depression. And yet I find it a much more encouraging way to look at things.


And then I found myself working this recent post of Miss Language's into the braid, where she talks about calling out to God especially when you feel distant from Him. I read this and was thinking how normal it is to call out when you are alone. That is what children do when they are lost and scared ~ call out exactly because they feel alone. 


And so that is all. The hair from my own brain being braided into this is simply how encouraging it is to think of difficult times as waiting on God. What could be better than waiting for the Creator of the universe?


~~~


Hosea 12:6 “So you, by the help of your God, return, hold fast to love and justice, and wait continually for your God."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your bananas here, please. :)