Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Taste Testing

I will have to beef up Miss Dog Lover's studies because I don't think there is much chance of her getting a job as a taste tester. (Haven't you always thought what a cool job that would be?) Anyhow, I came to this conclusion on Sunday. We had a bowl of wasabi peas as a side dish. She did not want any and explained, "They taste like crickets."


I really am not sure I want to know exactly what she meant by that.  :-P


~~~
back to add: Arby is interested in discovering when Miss Dog Lover tasted crickets. I am not. This is the child who loved kissing slugs. Bleh.


~~~
now I am back again to add some research my brother conducted on behalf of this post. Just for your education:




What do wasabi peas taste like???
-- No similar analysis here, but only 5 people responded.

Crickets are normally said to taste sort of like green, crunchy vegetables, such as celery.

Maybe if you hurry you can order some chocolate covered crickets and get them in time for Easter!!! ;) 
-- Actually, I would rather have chocolate cake.

2 comments:

  1. I'd be more interested in discovering when she tasted crickets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I am impressed. Thank you to your brother for conducting such thorough research. I think I'll skip the peas, eat chocolate (just chocolate) and leave the crickets for the chickens. I'll never be able to look at a slug the same way again. How many people get to say, "I know of a person who used to kiss slugs?"

    ReplyDelete

Leave your bananas here, please. :)