Thursday, April 28, 2011

Small Worldview Crisis Which I Am Enjoying

Ahem.


I am generally logical. Generally practical. Generally fond of things which either get something done or produce something beautiful or are worthwhile in some meaningful way for advancing the kingdom.


But. Not always. 



I do not understand why Mr Music's ability to throw a round white ball very hard very fast very accurate and strike terror into other young boys as he strikes them out makes me so happy. It does not get anything worthwhile done. It is a stretch to say it produces something beautiful (other than a smile on his face). And it does not do anything I can see for the kingdom. But it makes me happy.


As does his ability to nail a piece on the piano, and Miss Dance's ballet, and Miss Dog Lover's essay she wrote today, and Miss Language's poetry. I guess Mom's are like that, just crazy about things their kids do that they would not care less about if anyone else did them.

3 comments:

  1. Because it’s your boy throwing that little white ball those other batters cannot hit. As for whether or not that skill serves a higher purpose, you’ll just have to wait and see now, won’t you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's probably because you can see the individual people it makes your kids... I like that about you.

    Happy Mother's day.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your bananas here, please. :)