Thursday, April 14, 2011

Rocks of Remembrance

I first saw a blurb about these tsunami marking stones in World Magazine. Here is a nice little article and photo.


I have a few thoughts about those. How it is love in action to warn future generations of a tragedy that would occur maybe every few hundred years. And how they remind me of the stones raised by the Hebrews to remind them of God's faithfulness. 


I Samuel 7:12 ~ Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen and called its name Ebenezer (stone of help); for he said, “Till now the LORD has helped us.”


I wonder where in my life I should raise stone markers to warn or remind others.

2 comments:

  1. That's very interesting. I passed it on to my mom.

    Unfortunately, my markers might not be so monumental...perhaps something like don't let the piles get higher than this point or household chaos may occur.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your bananas here, please. :)