Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Most Important Thing

I grew up learning some sort of catechism used by the United Presbyterian church way back. The first question was "What is the most important thing in life?" The answer was "The most important thing in life is knowing God." It went on with "How do we know God?" Answer "We know God in part through His revelation of Himself to us through the world He created, but He gives us a saving knowledge only in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments."


Anyhow, today I was thinking about this. This is spring break week here and my brain has a bit more freedom than usual. I started wondering what the distinguishing hallmark of a Christian education is and decided I think it is expecting to learn about God everywhere you go in life. Looking for Him. Knowing everything we study has things about God to teach us, whether biology or US History or fractions or languages or Little League or piano practice or making lunch.


And that  is good. As a homeschooling mom I have many many opportunities to get to know God. I hope my crew is learning to look for Him everywhere they go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your bananas here, please. :)