Thursday, August 2, 2012

FOCUS

I decided to do a post about things to help me keep steady, things to encourage myself, things I can make happen for myself, at least most of the time. I had some suggestions, which are included, and will edit back to add helpful ideas from comments, or from my own observations.  :)


I noticed things from my own list fell into a few broad categories, so I am giving them an acronym: FOCUS - to remind me to keep my eye on the prize of becoming more Christlike. This list is personalized for me, and is just a memory-jogger, not in any special order.  I am putting the ones I consider dailies in bold. :)


F ~ fix my eyes on Christ
          do my memory work   
          do my devotions 
          remember God has things covered (preach to myself and put myself in the path of teaching)
          keep thankfulness journal
          ask for the Spirit's help
   
O ~ others need my love
          make a meal for someone
          send someone an encouraging email or note
          call someone I love
          invite someone over
          write a thank-you note


C ~ count on others
          look for the helpers
          keep a calendar of things I'm looking forward to
          ask for prayer
          hang pictures and set things out that remind me I'm loved
    
U ~ useful things cheer me up
          do a sewing or knitting project
          clean up something
          pick berries
          do a load of laundry
          pull weeds
          finish things on the to-do list and cross them off
          rearrange the furniture or decorate for a changing season


S ~ sensory care ~ things that just please me
          write a blog post  
          walk in the woods and observe nature (take the dog to put it in U)
          aim for 10,000 steps on my pedometer
          do a workout
          polish my toenails
          fix a new centerpiece
          walk in the rain
          keep list of gratitudes, good things, kindness, etc
          eat chocolate
          have a cup of chai
          play hymns or music I like
          wear a favorite piece of jewelry
          take a long hot shower
          do something creative - color or rubber stamp or craft
          read
          go out for a treat

2 comments:

Leave your bananas here, please. :)