Thursday, August 9, 2012

pray-o-mat

The other day I came across an article about the Pray-O-Mat. Sounds straight off of Veggie Tales, doesn't it? Remember the old Forgive-O-Matic?

I just keep thinking about it. Obviously the idea that you can buy favors is not a good one, nor is the thought that there are a variety of deities able to answer prayer.

But. I like the idea of having public reminders to pray. Of course there is the whole concern about praying on the street corners to be seen by men. Not good. 

I am also struck by the idea that you should pay for the privilege of praying. Our High Priest has already paid that cost, but maybe it is good to have a reminder that there WAS a cost. 

Anyhow. I think it will be quite awhile till we see one in my neighborhood, but it did get me thinking. The booth also reminds me of Clark Kent and so you gotta remember that you come away from prayer much changed from how you went in. 

1 comment:

  1. That's bizarre, but kind of awesome. What does the TV do inside? Display God's face?

    ReplyDelete

Leave your bananas here, please. :)