Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fall Gifts

Fall, or as my Dad called it, Sweater Weather, is my favorite time of year. In honor of its arrival in full leaf force, I want to share some of the gifts God has shared with me this fall. 

First, we were blessed by a friend bringing over a bag of Melrose apples for us to try to see if that is a kind of apple we'd like to plant. They are delicious, just a bit tart, nice and firm and juicy. My little pink monkey, Melrose, is in love.  <3  If you can't have little pink bananas, the next best thing is an apple that bears your name.
Second, my Mum gave me this lovely ring. It is her birthstone, and mine, the peridot. This ring belonged to *her* grandmother, and her grandfather gave it to her on her 13th birthday, reset with the peridot for her. I love the golden tracery on the sides, and the sheer connectedness of it.
And someone on this property has left lots of lovely things planted. I was happy to find these Chinese lanterns growing across from my kitchen and am enjoying their cheerful color on my dining room table. Aren't they fun? Miss Dance thinks God was good to give us little pumpkinny seed pods. I agree.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your bananas here, please. :)