Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fallen in Beauty

I am not sure where I am going with this, it is just a thought I had walking ye dear doggie through the woods the other day and enjoying the beautiful colors and smell of fallen leaves: Why is death and decay in this setting so beautiful?

A couple years ago Devastatingly Handsome was involved in finding the body of a neighbor who had been dead several weeks. It was far from beautiful, and taught us new things about the ugliness of death. And yet, here, in the leaves, the green which is their life has drained away and what is left is truly gorgeous. Are we seeing death wrongly? is it different because, um, the fallen leaves have not fallen into sin? 

Something for me to ponder as I enjoy the beauty this fall.
Psalm 116:15 ~ Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your bananas here, please. :)