Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Sharpie Story

This is just a little story about how amazingly God cares for us and that He uses humor sometimes, at least with me.


Today I decided to buy myself a new Sharpie in a fun color, no reason, just for a treat. And I even went into Michael's without a coupon, even going to splurge full price.


So I get back to the Sharpie display and choose my color. Good. Then I notice a tag on its bin - the only color with the tag - it is on clearance for less than it would be even with the 40% coupon I generally don't leave home without. Good.


I go to the register, where it is my favorite clerk. Good. I hand her the pen and a dollar and say, "This is a really big sale." She rings it up and smiles and says, "Probably not as big as you think." I am now puzzled. She laughs and said, "That is one cent." One cent? What is the last time something cost one cent? She says that means they are discontinued. She does a bit of paperwork, takes my penny, and checks me out.


I am laughing at God's having fun with me as I go through the parking lot. 


Then I look down, and find, of course, a bright penny.


I have been smiled on, and have a fun Sharpie to remind me.



2 comments:

Leave your bananas here, please. :)