Friday, November 30, 2012

Tree of Life

Today called for a special art project at our place. I used this lesson plan working with Gustav Klimt's Tree of Life. The handout she included was real helpful for us.  

Mr Music went to town with the oil pastels and he added roots to his design, which are just amazing:

Miss Dog Lover got the most detailed swirly branches, and lots of little "fruits." I love that she included some apples, you just couldn't help but think about the gardens of Scripture:

I am not sure about my curlicues. I know the others show up better, if I make another tree, I will do it on kraft paper for better contrast. I think it would be fun to paint one and glue on sequins and beads. And maybe a little bird singing cheerily in the garden: 


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I think all of these are wonderful--and so varied. I am proud of you for finding the time to do art with your kiddies, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your bananas here, please. :)