Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Just Grab a Fork

Oh boy, how to say this, how to say this.... well, just dive right in... 


Well, I find I am wanting to start this post with "this sign really disturbs me and so I am sharing it with you dear blog readers, to see if it disturbs you, too" when it occurs to me that maybe that will not come across as a caring way to address you. And so I am conflicted... do I share and risk offending you or do I not share? But the truth is Devastatingly Handsome was kind enough to take the photo even though it caused Mr Music to slump down out of view in the backseat lest Someone See Dad Being Weird and think ill of him (Mr Music, that is) and obviously I want to share, and anyhow, it is only mildly disturbing, the sort of thing that spurs blog posts rather than visits to a therapist. So here it is:
This sign makes me about as conflicted about the tavern as I am about this post in general. What do you think about the meatballs? I am torn between their cuteness and the thought of eating a smiling, thumbs-up meatball. Would you order spaghetti there? And, do you find the chef's smile a bit evil? And, what is he holding behind his back?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I think this is fairly off-putting. I did not know what the little red people WERE until you told me they were meatballs. Maybe the sign is intended to make you feel "right at home" with your old average greasy-spoon cook behind the counter??

    ReplyDelete

Leave your bananas here, please. :)