Thursday, July 21, 2011

Unfortunate Design Consideration

Miss Language pointed out an ad for sneakers. We are, um, less than impressed with their logo. And I just want to say I wish I were making this up. I am posting it here in the "cultural literacy" category.


Here is the shoe:  


Yeah. What do you think of that logo? I can't help thinking of John Kerry's famous photo: 


The strangest part? 


We assumed the resemblance was an unfortunate oversight. However, according to this article, that is exactly what was intended. Inconceivable. (possibly bad word choice there  :-P ) 


The words of the ad were so over-the top you cannot even make fun of them. But I will kindly share some of my favorite parts. (I am skipping the lines that were funnier before we knew the resemblance was deliberate and are now just nasty):
    * I received my package... and rushed to tear it open like a kid at Christmas.
  * I was holding a miracle of technology. This was the real thing. (isn't that Coke?)
  * In minutes I was out the door. I was invincible.


Here is a link to a similar ad. Again, inconceivable. Please do not buy them.  


And thus ends the Cultural Literacy lesson du jour.

1 comment:

  1. They probably don't see anything wrong with the weird balloons that show up on cakes around the world, either.

    Oy.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your bananas here, please. :)