Saturday, July 16, 2011

Glimpses from My World

Some days I love ants and sit back on my heels and watch them like any good self-respecting three-year-old and of course think of Merlin and the Wart:
Other days the scouts that I allow in my kitchen go back and file a full report at their anthill HQ about the location of my sugar canister and I set little terrorist traps for them:
And I highly recommend, if you are bored, reading some of the comments on the amazon page for these traps with a great Latin-derivative name. Rocco's comment that it is like a free beer and pizza party for ants is spot-on for our experience. This picture was taken about two hours after setting out the bait and the ants are partying heavy. By the next morning, as far as we could tell, the party was over. All the little ants must be home nursing hang-overs, or worse.


~ ~ ~ 


Proverbs 30:25 The ants are a people not strong, yet they provide their food in the summer. ~ ~ ~  Except, of course, when they have been duped into providing poison.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your bananas here, please. :)