Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Fungi Day

Today Devastatingly Handsome, Miss Dog Lover, Miss Dog, and I took a walk through our woods and carried along a picnic for our lunch. It was a beautiful day, cool for July but pleasant. It rained for maybe three minutes, tops, perfectly timed, while we were eating lunch in the shelter. 

It turned out to be what I declared fungi day. 

Here is a picture of my "fun guy" along with the girls: 
And here are some of the other fungi we saw... a pretty red toadstool of some sort... I am pretty sure there were fairies nearby...
there were lots and lots of Indian pipes... is it still pc to call them that? I may have to go back and see if I can get a decent photo... 
pretty sure some sort of (very small) alien came out of this ship cleverly disguised as a puffball...
and these fellows really were purple... if I can find them again I will turn off the flash and see if it shows that way...
"And God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth.” And it was so. The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening and there was morning, the third day." ~ Genesis 1:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your bananas here, please. :)