Sunday, August 14, 2011

Local Landmark Hones His Jedi Skills

A roadside eatery halfway between where I grew up and where I now live has had this kind of random super huge cowboy holding an equally huge burger my whole life. It is traditional in my family to say "HI!" loudly as you pass and to make sure he is still holding onto the giant burger. This photo is for scale.


Lately when we drive past, we have noticed that something has happened to the burger, which he used to balance right on his hand. Now it is kind of floating by his lower arm, leading to much speculation. Devastatingly Handsome thinks it is affixed with a bit of DAP but the Bananalets think it is his Jedi powers finally coming into their own.
In any case, we all agree it would be a terrible thing if this burger fell on you. And still I braved taking the photos for my loyal blog readers.  :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you braved the threat to take the picture. ^_^ how very interesting that the burger hovers. Makes me glad my food doesn't fly...it would be more difficult to eat it if it flew around.

    Then again, I'd lose weight. hmmm...

    Also gives new meaning to the word, "light menu"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this once was a statue of Paul Bunyon. His hands still hold an imaginary ax. The real one is long gone. Babe is gone, too. Ever wonder where his fabled blue ox went? He’s balancing on Paul’s right arm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of axes -- maybe Elisha is nearby and is using his Jedi or whatever powers. (See II Kings 6:6 and while you're there see the Jedi mind tricks in 6:19).

    ReplyDelete

Leave your bananas here, please. :)