Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Feeling Like the Anti-Vampira

Devastatingly Handsome and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary a few weeks back by donating at a Red Cross blood drive for the first time in a couple years. We are just that romantic.


And so, since it had Been Awhile, today we got snazzy new blood donor cards, and a letter along with them with some somewhat overstated points:
 * you really have done something amazing. ~ wow, thanks. I laid there and let you poke a hole in me. That took a lot of talent, didn't it?
 * has anything else you've done lately made you feel this good? ~ sounds like a question my dentist would ask after I enjoy a root canal.


And how is this: I am next eligible to donate on my birthday. Anniversary... birthday... will the next one be Reformation Day? then Thanksgiving and Christmas? and maybe even Groundhog Day? hmmm...


They also thanked us with awesome t-shirts. I am so glad we live somewhere rich enough we can admit this is just ugly and stupid and not much of an impetus to go give blood:


And is it just me... or do they maybe turn some squeamish potential donors off by continuous reminders of the reality of blood such as making even their cards bright red?

1 comment:

  1. The professor gives blood - but not to the red cross... to another organization here. They gave him tickets to the zoo last time. ^_^

    Lions smell blood you know.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your bananas here, please. :)