Friday, November 11, 2016

Troll in a Shoe Store, Sort Of

Distance never really seems to keep me from catching up with Miss Language and people she's met.  

This morning I woke from a long talk with a man in his shoe store. (FWIW, the man looked a lot like Donald Trump but I don't think that is really here or there, just speaks to my unconscious mind.) He talked a lot and I don't remember everything he said, but he was quite impressed by Miss Language, who had stopped in to do some shopping. 

It seemed to me to be a fairly normal shoe store but he told me quite definitely that it was 500 yards long which made it 5 square miles and thus very likely the biggest shoe store in the galaxy, probably even bigger than Amazon. I don't know but I did wonder.

Anyhow, back to Miss L. As I say, she had impressed him, though I don't remember everything he had to say.  He did let me know that she is coming out with three new books (I hadn't heard!): one on linguistics, no surprise there; one on French poetry, more than a bit surprising to me; and one a fiction title, again, not too surprising. Can't wait to read them all! It seems he has already read them and thought they were fantastic.

He also commented on her hair and on some of her admirers among other things. 

Then I woke up from this pleasant chat about my sweet daughter and found this in my messages, her newest 'do.

No wonder he was impressed. 

~ ~ ~

For I have derived much joy and comfort from your love, my brother, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed through you. ~ Philemon 1:7 

 

2 comments:

  1. Dreaming is an indication of good REM sleep...so....I guess you had a good sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well I never heard that! I must always have great REM because I pretty much always dream. Maybe that is my superpower!

      Delete

Leave your bananas here, please. :)