Monday, June 10, 2013

Just One Thing Question

Wondering here if it's easier for me to identify which is my favorite in a category or which is my most hated... 

Hmm. I got to wondering about this when Mr Music ordered a Mountain Dew. I have long felt it is an evil beverage and thought, Mountain Dew is the world's worst drink. But then I remembered Tang, which is ALSO the world's worst drink (I agree with my brother who maintains it is too bad the astronauts did not LEAVE it on the moon). And then, as I was trying to figure out which is REALLY worse, I remembered Vernor's Ginger Ale. Aged three years in oak. Ugh and blugh. Yuck and nasty. 

My quandary is this: when I think about each one, I am sure it is the worst. Maybe they all ARE.  :)

And then I thought about soap. If there were to be only one kind of soap in the world, what should it be? This question at least is more pleasant. First I thought Ivory, it makes things seem so clean (that 99 and 44/100% thing, I guess). And, it floats. How cool is that? Hasn't everyone carved a little Ivory bathtub boat? Then I remembered Camay with its sweet scent and the even sweeter cameo. But then there are also two widely different Yardley soaps I love, the smooth foaming Lavender and the Oatmeal & Almond with little scrubby flecks.

Sigh. Choices, choices. Do YOU have favorite soaps or most hated beverages? And which is more fun, to love and enjoy something simple, or to indulge a harmless hatred?

1 comment:

  1. For shame! You are so mistaken on the Verner's Ginger Ale. So, so mistaken. Perhaps all that Mt. Dew and Tang have burned your tastebuds irreparably.

    For soaps, you have to secretly go to the baby aisle at Target and smell Shea Moisture's baby soap with frankincense and myrrh. Mmmm. And then buy it. And then smell it constantly.

    And which is more fun: loving and indulging something simple, or indulging a harmless hatred? Two sides of the same coin to me! (I love Verner's and hate Canada Dry. I love Shea Moisture and hate any lavender soap...)

    I love when you post :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your bananas here, please. :)