Sunday, April 28, 2013

Knocking

This morning I woke up thinking about the old proverb (English? Scottish?) "Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered. No one was there."

Now, though, I am hearing it changed a bit to Love answered.  I suspect that is a change so people who make no claim to faith can still, um, borrow the idea. But even with the change, it works for me. Because what I know of love is because of Christ ~ I John 3:16 ~ By this we know love, that He laid down His life for us. If He laid down His life for me, I know He will answer the door for me. In fact, He is the door. No one is there to harm me.

1 comment:

  1. And especially because

    "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear..."

    (1Jn4:18)

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your bananas here, please. :)