Thursday, May 17, 2012

(not)Cheery News for Those Feeling Blue

I was clicking across some sites and just briefly saw an ad, I don't know exactly med it was for, but somehow I found the ad a combination of depressing and hysterical. It said something like: You're not alone... One in three patients fail on their first antidepressant taken..."


Cheery, eh? Here you are, depressed and whatnot, and so you try a med. And YOU fail at it. Not it fails you, but you are so worthless you even fail at this


Anyhow. I googled trying to find what med it might be and the closest I could get was an article talking about alternatives to antidepressants. I was underimpressed with TCM, TransCranialMagnetism where "strong magnets can be pressed onto a patient's head to influence the brain's circuitry." Does the thought of looking like Frankenstein and being able to attach your family's calendar directly to your head with magnets sound cheering? Maybe it's just me, but I am sticking with dark chocolate, the best mood elevator I know of.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your bananas here, please. :)